MOOCs and Consequences
If MOOCs have the power to dismantle departments, say several professors who teach the courses, the fault lies with reckless administrators.
- Can Venture Capital Deliver on the Promise of the Public University?
Wanted: Assistant Professors
The Chronicle looks at the applications submitted for two positions in the humanities, where the competition is stiff and candidates are often in the dark.
Learn who got the jobs, who were the finalists, and who else was in the pool.
- Play the Role of the Search Committee
In the News
The Century Foundation calls for radical change to avoid "the increasing economic and racial isolation of students" at community colleges.
Danilo Tchoupe used his own experience to help establish an umbrella group for students coming to the United States for the first time.
- What Professors Can Learn From 'Hard Core' MOOC Students
- With 'Gainful Employment' Negotiations Set, Department Hears From Interested Parties
- 'Dreamers' Could Receive Federal Student Loans Under Immigration Bill
- MOOC Provider edX More Than Doubles Its University Partners
- U.S. Appeals Court Allows Sex-Bias Case Against LSU to Proceed
- A Vice President's Rebranding Effort Propels a University Into the Big Leagues