On HiringView more >>
In the Forums
Strange Moments During Finals Week
Professors share shocking, interesting, and weird stories.
Teaching Sensitive Subjects
A professor worries that some of the reading may hit a little too close to home for a couple of students.
Preparing for a Job Loss
My academic unit is about to be restructured, and it's likely that many of us will lose our positions. What can I do to prepare?
Job-Market Check-In Thread
Talk about how your search is progressing.
Thomas R. Kepple Jr. will preside over the American Academic Leadership Institute, one of a handful of organizations that prepare aspiring presidents.
- A Vice President's Rebranding Effort Propels a University Into the Big Leagues
- It's No Act: This Athletic Director Wants Athletes to Take On New Roles
Elsewhere in The Chronicle
The release falsely depicts a Stanford student and two scholars at other universities as leaders of a campaign to boycott Arab nations. Its origin is unknown.
- Students Might Not Be 'Academically Adrift' After All, Study Finds
- New York City Embraces a College's New 'Handicapped' Symbol
AAUP Salary Survey, 2012-13
The CV Doctor
Our experts offer advice on preparing strong academic CV's and résumés for nonacademic jobs.
A faculty member considers why she had so much difficulty writing during her administrative stint.
What teaching colleges and research universities have to gain from collaboration.
- Not Dressing the Part, and Other Interview Mistakes
- Teaching While Gay
- The Case of the Vampire Student
- The Déjà Vu of Today's Application Files
- The Best Problem: Dealing With More Than One Job Offer
- Teaching on the Tenure Track
- Life After Academe: My Blazer Is a Cardigan
- What We Don't Talk About on the Admissions Tour
- Moving Into New Quarters
- I'd Like to Thank the Academy
- Self-Sabotage in the Academic Career
- From CV to 1-Page Résumé
- What's the Secret to Getting Grants?
- My Calamitous Teaching Demo
- Fear of Feminism
- Not Too Close
- Students Without Borders
- The Politics of Academic Space
Information provided by participating institution
Victoria is located in New Zealand's capital city, Wellington (named the world’s ‘coolest little capital’ in the Lonely Planet’s Best in Travel in 2011 guide), in close proximity to the country's archives and national collection...